Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

30 November, 2017

A Traditional Christmas in the Breakfast Room

It's looking like Christmas at my house and I can't wait to share! Today I'm showing you my breakfast room...starring some fun little touches with snowmen, Santa, gingerbread men and candy canes! My décor is very traditional this year with lots of red and green because...well...it just wouldn't be Christmas to me without it!



I started with my burlap table square and topped it with a two-tiered tray that I found at Walmart this summer. I knew it would be fun to fill it with lots of seasonal goodies!

I added this pair that you may recognize as the Publix snowman salt and pepper shakers. They make an appearance every Christmas at my house! Although you can't find them at Publix this year, I still see them online.

On the bottom tier is my favorite set of frenchy mugs bearing a Christmas greeting of Joyeux Noël. I've filled each of them with green and plaid napkins and a candy cane. The candy canes, however, may not last long since mint is a favorite of one of my little grands! ;-)

Beside it...a Christmas amaryllis almost in full bloom. I love the festive touch the large and colorful blooms add to the table!

I have sprinkled more of my favorites on the hutch among my collection of Quimper French pottery for a traditional Christmas feel.

The little grands love this one...a fun wreath starring a group of gingerbread men that actually started out as a garland years ago. The red striped bow gives it a frenchy feel.

A vintage-look wire egg basket is filled with red and green ornaments...

...and a vintage Santa cake mold, who looks much more like the French Père Noël, is tied with a red and green plaid bow.

And here's a look at the total picture...lots of fun and festive elements in my favorite seasonal colors!

Now, let's see just how long those candy canes last! ;-)

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Christmas Hot Cocoa StationAnd just in case you would like a little more inspiration, here's my CHRISTMAS HOT COCOA STATION that served as a centerpiece...delicious double duty!

And stay tuned! I'm all through decorating and will reveal more very soon!

Remember to pin it!



Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Love the look in the dining room Debbie! That tiered tray is cute with your Publix snowmen (I have a pair also). I'm just getting started decorating and love all the inspiration here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I LOVE your Quimperware. I own one beautiful piece that my aunt, a French woman, gave me, it's a 1950's coffee pot, it had a creamer and a sugar bowl and I believe a tea pot but I got the coffee pot and it is lovely. You are so talented and I always look forward to your decor posts! Joyeux Noel et bonne annee !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debbie! Your breakfast room looks so festive! I love your Fench Christmas mugs and the Pere Noel cake mold! 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  4. Festive and wonderful,it will be a fun place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the Publix snowmen, the Santa set and the same tiered tray. We are on the same page this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are amazing!!! I love your decor and thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie